Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Hamilton is proud to participate in the FCC Emergency Broadband Program which allows eligible households to save up to $50 a month on internet service.
What is it?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBBP) is a temporary emergency federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to assist customers in the purchase of internet access.
Who can participate?
A household is eligible if one member of the household has at least one of the following qualifications:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program, including those who are on Medicaid or receive SNAP benefits.
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced school breakfast or lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current year.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers existing low income or COVID-19 program.
What are the benefits?
The EBBP will provide a discount up to $50 per month for broadband services for eligible consumers.
What else should I know?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is non-transferable and is limited to one discount per household. Upon the program’s conclusion, subscribers will be subject to Hamilton’s regular rates, terms and conditions.
How do I sign up?
Go to https://getemergencybroadband.org/ to apply for or determine eligibility for this program under the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. Then contact Hamilton at 402.694.5101 to sign up for services or apply the discount to your existing services. Your eligibility will need to be confirmed and written consent will be obtained before your discount can be applied to your account.
Qualifying Internet Packages
Fiber to the Home
Fiber to the Home for Voice Subscribers*
|300 Mbps • $89.90||50 Mbps • $49.95||2 Mbps • $34.95||1 Mbps • $34.95|
|Whole Home Gig • $110.90||250 Mbps • $64.95||7 Mbps • $49.95||3 Mbps • $39.95|
|Whole Home Gig • $89.90||12 Mbps • $64.95||5 Mbps • $49.95|
|18 Mbps • $89.90||10 Mbps • $64.95|
|*Pricing for customers with voice service.||30 Mbps • $104.95|
Data Only and FTTH currently available in the following communities:
Hampton, Aurora, Doniphan and Central City. DSL currently available in: Doniphan, Giltner, Hordville, Marquette, Phillips, Stockham and Trumbull.
Wireless currently available in and up to 10 miles outside of the following communities:
Alda, Cairo, Central City, Chapman, Fullerton, Gothenburg, Grand Island, Harvard, Lexington, Ord, Palmer, Saronville, Sidney, Silver Creek and St. Paul.
For more information visit: https://www.fcc.gov/consumer-faq-emergency-broadband-benefit